The National Black Nurses Association provides leadership to advance nursing practice, improve health care for all Americans, particularly the un-served and the underserved and shape health policy for the access and delivery of health care services. We are actively engaged in the many issues currently challenging the profession of nursing. There is no better time than now that African American nurses need to work together in their professional association to not only survive, but to prosper in this time of change in the reform of our health care system.
There are many exceptional benefits of membership in NBNA. They include:
- Online NBNA News, the association's quarterly newsletter
- Subscription to the Journal of the National Black Nurses Association, a bi-annual published professional refereed journal
- On-line Job Career Center
- NBNA website: www.nbna.org
- Direct electronic mailing on nursing and health care issues
- On-line Conference Registration
- On-line Store
- Position Papers on important issues impacting the health care of African American consumers
- Association partnerships with federal and national organizations
- Continuing education contact hours for licensure
- A unified voice for the profession of nursing in Washington to address public policy issues
- Networking with African American nurses from around the country, the Caribbean, Canada and West Africa
- The NBNA Scholarship and Awards Program -- NBNA offers scholarships to all levels of nursing students to continue and complete their nursing education
- Leadership opportunities through committees and taskforces
- Speaking engagements at national and local conferences, Congressional Black Caucus Health Brain Trust, National Medical Association Health Policy Colloquium, National Minority Quality Forum.
- Webinars, CE and Non-CEU
- External Advisory Committee Appointments
- Participate in NBNA's National Initiatives on Violence Prevention, Global Health, Mentorship and Brain Health.
NBNA Lifetime Membership is $2,000.00 – payable in four instalments over a one-year period.
- Complimentary conference registration in the year that the final payment is made
- Receive the Early Bird registration for future conferences
- New Lifetime Membership Certificate, Portfolio and a premium gift
- Listed on the NBNA Lifetime Members Plaque
- Listed in the NBNA Conference Souvenir Program annually
- Listed on the NBNA website
- Special recognition at the Closing Session of the NBNA Annual Conference honouring our Lifetime Members
- Special seating for all Lifetime Members at the Closing Session of the NBNA Annual Conference
NATIONAL CONFERENCE AND ACTIVITIES
The National Black Nurses Association hosts an Annual Institute and Conference in the summer of each year. NBNA's annual institute and conference features the most prominent speakers in nursing and health care. More than 100 exhibitors join us to offer their products, services and employment opportunities. An attendance of over 1,200 NBNA members, student nurses, other health professionals and guests participate in the week's events.
The four-day conference includes a one-day annual institute, offering 4-6 hours intensive, concurrent educational programs in health promotion for African American males, child and adolescent health, breast cancer, women's health, research, cardiovascular and obesity.
Other educational programs include presentations made by national health experts in a variety of health areas including: cancer; HIV/AIDS; menopause and osteoporosis; nutrition; diabetes; health policy and health and healing; and roundtable discussions; a three day exhibition featuring vendors from schools of nursing, pharmaceutical, telecommunications, publications and equipment industries, hospitals and health systems, managed care organizations and insurance companies; and a host of networking and corporate sponsorship events.
Attendees will earn continuing education units for their participation in the week's educational component. The schedule provides time for networking and attending social events around the city. NBNA Scholarships and awards are presented throughout the conference. The annual NBNA Community Health Fair and the President's Gala are highlights of the conference. Special NBNA member rates apply to all NBNA sponsored conferences. Advertising opportunities are also available in our Conference Souvenir Program.