Assistant / Associate / Full Professor
Family Caregiving Institute - University of California,, Davis (UCDavis)
School of Nursing: https://health.ucdavis.edu/nursing/
Open Date: October 1, 2020
Initial Review Date: November 15, 2020 by 11:59pm PST - Must complete application and apply by this date to ensure full consideration.
Final Review Date: September 30, 2021 by 11:59pm PST - Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the initial review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
Expanded position Description: Please review the full position description, which provides guidance on application requirements and recommendations to strengthen your application: https://apptrkr.com/2023220
As part of UC Davis's commitment to hire leading research faculty with demonstrated experience in teaching, research, and service that will promote the success of historically underrepresented and marginalized student communities and address the needs of our increasingly diverse state and student population, the https://health.ucdavis.edu/nursing/
announces an Assistant/Associate/Full Professor faculty position in the Family Caregiving Institute.
Applications are encouraged from candidates with a strong background in any current or emerging research areas that will fit within our school's disciplinary focus in family caregiving of older adults, including but not limited to:
* Trajectory of family caregiving of older adults
* Technology in family caregiving of older adults
* Unique needs of family caregiver populations
* Heterogeneity of family caregiving of older adults
Please explore the Family Caregiving Institute website at https://health.ucdavis.edu/nursing/familycaregiving/
As one of the country's leading R1 and AAU institutions, UC Davis seeks candidates with an exceptional potential for and record of research, teaching, service, and inclusive excellence. In addition, the successful candidate will demonstrate an understanding of the barriers preventing full participation of members from historically underrepresented and marginalized student communities in higher education, such as (but not limited to) women, underrepresented minorities, individuals self- identifying as LGBTQIA+, veterans, individuals with disabilities, economically disadvantaged groups, first-generation, undocumented students, or students with any intersections in between.
Successful candidates will help advance UC Davis Health's strategic goal of improving access and building an inclusive community for all marginalized populations.
The successful candidate also will have an accomplished track record (calibrated to career stage) of teaching, research, or service activities addressing the needs of underrepresented minorities, and a clearly articulated vision of how their work at UC Davis Health will continue to contribute to the University's mission of serving the needs of our diverse state and student population.
Applicants' track record of engagement and activity related to diversity, equal opportunity, and inclusion as well as their plans for future engagement will be a significant part of the overall evaluation of the candidate's qualifications for a faculty appointment.
- A PhD (or equivalent international degree) or enrollment in a PhD (or equivalent international degree) granting program is required at the time of application. Completion of a PhD is required for appointment.
- A registered nursing license or eligibility for nursing licensure in the State of California is required.
- Excellence in research that complements or extends existing research programs in the Betty Irene Moore School of Nursing Family Caregiving Institute and the potential or evidence to attract extramural funding.
- Excellence in teaching that demonstrates potential or evidence of ability to develop graduate level nursing courses for clinical or non-clinical programs and mentor nursing students.
- Excellence in service that demonstrates potential or evidence of ability to participate as members or chairs of University committees or task forces at the local, state, and national levels.
- Potential or evidence of a strong commitment to the advancement of diversity, equity, and inclusion for historically underrepresented and marginalized student communities, and how this commitment integrates with teaching, research, and service.
- A PhD (or equivalent international degree) in Nursing is preferred.
- Potential or demonstrated evidence in attracting extramural funding in the area of family caregiving of older adults is preferred.
Appointment will be as a fiscal year (12-month) tenure-track Assistant Professor or tenured Associate/Full Professor.
Participation in school, college, and university service as a member of UC Davis Division of the Academic Senate is an expectation under our faculty shared governance model.
For fullest consideration, please review the full position description, which provides guidance on application requirements and recommendations to strengthen your application: https://apptrkr.com/2023220
Questions regarding this process, please contact the Academic Personnel Analyst, Monica Aiello, at email@example.com
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are core values of the University of California, Davis that are embedded within our Principles of Community and are tied with how to best serve our student population. Please review the full position description to learn about the initiatives that keep UC Davis an inclusive and safe campus for our incredibly diverse students and faculty: https://apptrkr.com/2023220
UC Davis is a distinguished university, ranked 5th nationally by the Wall Street Journal/Times Higher Education and 11th nationally by US News and World Report among U.S. public universities overall and for research funding.
It is also ranked #1 by Forbes Magazine as "The 13 Most Important STEM Colleges for Women." Forbes has also ranked UC Davis as 52nd among the Best Employers for Diversity.
Please review the full position description to learn more about the acclaimed university and the notable rankings we have received regarding diversity, environmental sustainability, and work- life balance: https://apptrkr.com/2023220
UC Davis Health
UC Davis Medical Center is the top-ranking hospital in the Sacramento area and is also ranked in the top 50 for nine specialty services, including cancer, cardiology, and geriatrics (U.S. News & World Report 2020-21).
The medical center was granted Magnet designation, the nation's highest form of recognition for nursing excellence, by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC).
Please read the full position description to learn more about the nationally renowned UC Davis Medical Center: https://apptrkr.com/2023220
Apply Here: https://apptrkr.com/2023220