Nurse Manager - Inpatient Child & Adolescent Psychiatry (Ge1W)
Mayo Clinic - Rochester, MN
Innovation and compassion are paramount to providing world-class medical care to patients from all over the world. We lean on the variety of perspectives and backgrounds of our colleagues’ to continuously challenge ourselves and to create a workplace that supports diversity, equity, and inclusion. Become part of the legacy that embraces our differences and enables us to provide the best care to patients from all over the world.
The nurse manager 24/7 practice:
- Is acountable for the implementation of the vision, mission and values of Mayo Clinic and the Department of Nursing within defined areas of practice.
- Plans, directs, coordinates, and evaluates the operational, fiscal, and personnel activities within defined areas of practice to ensure the provision of quality patient care 24 hours a day.
- Contributes to the strategic planning process, and attainment of goals of the organization.
- Is responsible for one or more inpatient units based upon unit/area complexity and size of practice.
- Advocates for and allocates available resources to promote efficient, effective, safe, and compassionate nursing care based on current standards of practice.
- Is responsible for total work unit budget.
- Promotes shared decision making on the unit level.
- Acts as a resource and facilitates collaboration between nursing personnel and other health care disciplines throughout the organization and within the healthcare community.
- Is accountable for promoting ongoing development of all staff and for maintaining a professional environment in which all staff can grow and develop
- Direct reports may include nurse supervisors of assigned inpatient units.
- Participate and lead activities that foster an inclusive work environment.
- This is a leadership position which requires the ability to effectively develop others and have an understanding/appreciation for creating and supporting diverse teams.
- Actively partner with team members by fostering an inclusive work environment and respecting others with different backgrounds, experiences and perspectives.
In addition to the nursing staff, the Nurse Manager in this position will work within a dynamic interdisciplinary team of professionals including MDs, Advanced Practice Providers, Social Workers, Care Coordinators, Clinical Pharmacists, Desk Operations Staff, students, and Nurse Leaders to create an environment that supports the highest quality of care for primary care patients.
Opportunities to participate in committees or projects with significant organizational impact are also available as part of this role. This area is a vibrant practice with innovative and collaborative approaches to care.
Family engagement is a critical part of the role.
- Graduate of an accredited baccalaureate nursing program and a Master's degree in Nursing, business or a health related field as approved by the Mayo Clinic Nurse Executive Committee.
- Will consider applicants meeting all other qualifications who commit to degree completion within six months from application date.
- Experience with building, enhancing and/or supporting diversity and inclusion activities within a work unit.
- Minimum of three years of nursing practice experience.
- Midwest: Maintains current Basic Life Support for Health Care Providers from one of the following programs: American Heart Association or American Red Cross (required by January 1, 2017).
- Maintains ACLS and PALS per specific unit guidelines.
- Any additional specialty certification/training required by the work area is highly recommended.
- Demonstrated leadership ability.
- Experience in the department’s specialty preferred.
- Management experience preferred.
Graduate of an Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) or Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) accredited Master’s in Nursing or Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) program, business, or health related field as approved by Mayo Clinic Nurse Executive Committee.
Internal applicants should attach their three most recent performance appraisals and current state RN license or current license deemed acceptable by the State Board of Nursing in which the RN practices.
Mayo Clinic is located in the heart of downtown Rochester, Minnesota, a vibrant, friendly city that provides a highly livable environment for more than 34,000 Mayo staff and students. The city is consistently ranked among the best places to live in the United States because of its affordable cost of living, healthy lifestyle, excellent school systems and exceptionally high quality of life.