Mayo Clinic - Eau Claire, Wisconsin
Nursing Administration in Northwest Wisconsin is seeking a Nurse Administrator with strong leadership skills to join its team. This is an exciting and unique opportunity to be involved in a region that is growing.
This Nurse Administrator will be assigned to our Primary Care Departments within the region.
The nurse administrator
Responsibilities are accomplished based on Mayo and Department of Nursing's vision, mission, and values.
- Is responsible for the overall management and coordination of functions within a department of Nursing.
- Holds the accountability to manage within the context of the organization as a whole, and to transform organizational values into daily operations yielding an efficient, effective, and caring organization.
- This includes management of designated clinical nursing practice and management of programs, systems, and services that are evidence based and support the clinical practice of nursing.
The nurse administrator is responsible:
- To develop, implement, maintain, and evaluate policies, programs, and services related to assigned functions.
- To participate in:
- Assessing the environment,
- Forecasting trends,
- Transmitting values,
- Communicating ideas,
- Coaching and mentoring others,
- Managing resources, and
- Assuring that core values are implemented.
Eau Claire, with a metro area of 163,000 is home to the 11,000 students at the University of Wisconsin – Eau Claire. Strong schools, low crime rate, and a reasonable cost of living may be expected. With an abundance of outdoor activities, Eau Claire was ranked #4 on the list of “Americas best towns” (Outside Magazine, 2015) The city also serves as the retail center for west central Wisconsin and the major metro area of Minneapolis/St. Paul is 90 minutes away. Mayo Clinic Health System in Eau Claire is recognized as a Best Hospital in Northwestern Wisconsin and within the top 10 for Hospitals in Wisconsin (U.S. News & World Report, 2015-2016).
- Master's degree in Nursing
- Or a Bachelor's degree in Nursing with a Master's degree in business or a health-related field.
- Will consider applicants meeting all other qualifications who commit to degree completion within six months from application date.
- Minimum of three years in nursing service administration with line management responsibilities.
- Previous experience in a clinical practice role.
- Current Wisconsin RN license
- Or current license deemed acceptable by the Wisconsin State Board of Nursing.
- Doctoral Degree - DNP or PhD in Nursing preferred.
- Basic computer skills (word, spreadsheets, etc.).
- Demonstrates skills in leadership, problem solving, continuous improvement, verbal and written communication, and team building.
||Eau Claire, WI
|Posting Start Date:
||This listing expires on: 10/25/2020