Ambulatory Nurse Manager - Family Medicine
Mayo Clinic - Rochester, Minnesota
Diversity and inclusion are integral to Mayo Clinic's mission to provide excellent, culturally relevant care in a welcoming environment to patients from a wide variety of backgrounds. We aim to diversify our workforce to represent the communities we serve and continue to create an inclusive work environment where differences are valued, allowing individuals to achieve and contribute to their fullest potential. This commitment to diversity is woven into the fabric of Mayo Clinic — we embrace these values as we serve our patients, employees, students, suppliers, and communities. Become part of the legacy that embraces our differences and enables us to provide the best care to patients from all over the world.
The Nurse Manager of the NE Family Clinic is accountable for the implementation of the vision, mission and values of Mayo Clinic and the Department of Nursing.
This position has full-time management responsibilities for a clinical nursing staff consisting of Registered Nurses and Licensed Practical Nurses.
- The nurse manager is responsible for the nursing component of the total budget and advocates for/allocates available resources to promote efficient, effective, safe, and compassionate nursing care based on current standards of practice.
- The Nurse Manager acts as a resource and facilitates collaboration between nursing personnel and other health care disciplines throughout the organization and within the healthcare community and is accountable for promoting ongoing development of all staff and for maintaining a professional environment in which all staff can grow and develop.
- In addition to the nursing staff, the Nurse Manager in this position will work within a dynamic interdisciplinary team of professionals including:
- Advanced Practice Providers,
- Social Workers,
- Care Coordinators,
- Clinical Pharmacists,
- Desk Operations Staff,
- students, and
- Nurse Leaders to create an environment that supports the highest quality of care for primary care patients.
- Opportunities to participate in committees or projects with significant organizational impact are also available as part of this role.
This is a leadership position which requires the ability to effectively develop others and have an understanding/appreciation for creating and supporting diverse teams.
- Graduate of an accredited baccalaureate nursing program (accredited program requirement is effective January 1, 2018 for MCHS MN sites)
- MCHS sites: Effective January 1, 2017, applicants for Director, Manager, and Supervisor roles must have baccalaureate in nursing to be eligible to apply.
- Effective September 1, 2019 all Directors, Managers, Supervisors hired prior to January 1, 2017 must have completed baccalaureate in nursing.
- All exceptions must come to Midwest Nurse Executive Committee for approval.
- Minimum of three years of nursing practice experience.
- Participate and lead activities that foster an inclusive work environment.
- Demonstrated leadership ability.
- Experience in the department’s specialty preferred.
- Management experience preferred.
We will only accept certificates of course completion from the following providers:
- Graduate of an Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN)
- or Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) accredited Master’s in Nursing
- or Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) program, business, or health related field as approved by Mayo Clinic Nurse Executive Committee.
- Current RN license by applicable state requirements.
- Midwest: Basic Cardiac Life Support for healthcare providers- BCLS – certificate of course completion required and must not expire within 3 months after start date.
- A scanned copy of the certificate of completion or transcripts, including your full name, must be attached to your profile to be considered.
Additional specialty certification/training as required by the work area.
- American Heart Association (Title: BLS for Healthcare Providers or BLS Provider)
- Red Cross (Title: CPR/AED for Professional Rescuers and Health Care Providers or BLS for Healthcare Providers)
- Military Training Network
Mayo Clinic is located in the heart of downtown Rochester, Minnesota, a vibrant, friendly city that provides a highly livable environment for more than 34,000 Mayo staff and students. The city is consistently ranked among the best places to live in the United States because of its affordable cost of living, healthy lifestyle, excellent school systems and exceptionally high quality of life.
Ambulatory Nurse Manager - Family Medicine
||Mayo Clinic - NE Clinic
|Posting Start Date:
||This listing expires on: 10/25/2020