Vice President & Chief Nursing Officer
Franciscan Health – Michigan City, IN
Franciscan Health Michigan City is looking for a Vice President & Chief Nursing Officer. A trusted leader in providing faith-based, integrated healthcare, Franciscan Health brings together the latest technology, innovative procedures and the brightest, most compassionate people to serve our patients in Indiana, Illinois and Michigan.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Are you an experienced servant leader? Can you help your team achieve more individually and as a group? Do you have experience managing resources, budgets and projects? We have a special place that needs your skills.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
WHAT IT TAKES TO SUCCEED
- Responsible for the selection and development of leaders within the areas of responsibility and participates in the selection of leaders in all responsible areas of the organization in order to assure the most effective leadership for the staff, the achievement of organizational goals, quality outcomes and customer satisfaction.
- Facilitate the development, implementation and evaluation of patient care services strategic plans, goals and objectives in order to provide vision and directions for progress.
- Represent the profession of Nursing and departments as above in the development of the institutional and corporate strategic plans.
- Responsible for the development, implementation, evaluation, and compliance of operating and capital budgets for areas of responsibility in order to assure the smooth operation of departments and the delivery of cost-effective patient care, while meeting patient satisfaction and quality measurement expectations.
- Accountable for the development of standards of practice in order to assure compliance with regulatory agencies.
- Promote Nursing/Patient Care Services in collaboration with Medical Staff on various Medical
- Staff Committees in a patient focus effort.
- Responsible for appropriate resources, communication, and overall awareness of staffing needs so that leaders and staff in all areas of responsibility provide excellent patient care.
- Promotes growth within each line of business so that we are the leading healthcare provider of that business within the market we serve.
- Ensure the establishment and implementation of policies and procedures for department operation, standards of performance and quality assurance programs in cooperation with quality assessment personnel and staffing needs and productivity standards.
- Promote growth within each line of business so that we are the leading healthcare provider of that business within the market we serve.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Demonstrate the Franciscan Values and Behaviors in order to foster an environment which holds leadership accountable for role modeling and all staff accountable for their behaviors.
- Keep abreast of trends in the healthcare field and grows in knowledge through reading, advanced study, attendance at conferences, seminars, and professional affiliations, etc. in professional organizations in order to better lead and serve the staff and community.
- Experience in a multi-faceted patient care environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills necessary to effectively relate with and understand the needs of people at all levels within the organization.
- Excellent analytical and decision making skills to respond to situations which can affect the delivery of patient care.
- Have a clinical, operational, and entrepreneurial orientation.
- Interaction with medical staff, health centers’ staff and the community is required in order to identify problems, investigate processes and develop solutions to improve patient care delivery and clinical services in order to provide optimal health care to patients.
5-10 Years of Nursing Manager or RN Director Relatable Experience
License(s): Registered Nurse In the State of Indiana
Master's Required with a Bachelors Degree in Nursing
To apply visit www.franciscanhealth.org
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of Franciscan Alliance to provide equal employment to its employees and qualified applicants for employment as otherwise required by an applicable local, state or Federal law.
Franciscan Alliance reserves a Right of Conscience objection in the event local, state or Federal ordinances that violate its values and the free exercise of its religious rights.
Franciscan Alliance is committed to equal employment opportunity.