Job Id 2064
Calling all experienced nurses! Looking for new opportunities in 2020? Find your perfect fit at Akron Children's Hospital. We offer many competitive benefits including tuition assistance, a company matching 403(b), free medical appointments for employees with our in-house Nurse Practitioner, as well as many others. Apply today to learn more!
The Staff Nurse provides to individuals and groups, nursing care requiring specialized knowledge judgment and skill derived from the principles of biological physical, behavioral, social and nursing sciences. Assesses, plans, implements, evaluates and directs nursing care with a family-centered care focus for individual/group of patients within scope of practice, as assigned.
1. Performs leadership and professional duties.
2. Performs patient-centered care duties.
3. Performs quality improvement and safety duties.
4. Performs evidence-based practice duties.
5. Performs informatics and technology duties.
6. Performs communication, collaboration, and teamwork duties.
7. Performs systems based practice duties.
8. Staff may be temporarily assigned to an area throughout the Akron Children’s Hospital enterprise, based on patient needs requiring similar knowledge and skill.
9. Other duties as required.
1. Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care for the physical, psychosocial, educational, and safety needs of the patients served regardless of age and developmental status is required.
2. Experience in nursing dependent on population served may be required.
3. Experience in prioritizing and managing tasks for timely completion is required.
4. Experience working with all levels within an organization is required.
5. Experience in healthcare is preferred.
6. Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar software is required. Epic software or similar EMR software is preferred.
Education and Experience:
1. Education: Bachelor’s in Nursing [BSN] is required or must be obtained within 5 years of hire.
2. Certification: Licensed to practice professional nursing in the state of Ohio is required. Current Health Care Provider BLS training from the American Heart Association is required. Additional certifications may be required based on the assigned department or unit.
3. Years of relevant experience: 0 to 2 years is preferred.
4. Years of experience supervising: None
Apply today here: