On-Call Registered Nurse
Boynton Health, University of Minnesota Twin Cities
- Completion of accredited professional nursing program.
- Licensure by the state of Minnesota to practice professional nursing.
- CPR training and re-certification every two (2) years.
- Demonstrated commitment to promoting a culture that respects and advances diversity and inclusion.
On-Call Registered Nurses will:
- Experience working with individuals from diverse racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
Physical and Environmental Conditions:
- Maintain a respectful work environment.
- Make nursing observations and assess patients.
- Deliver nursing care specific to assigned work and responsibilities.
- Carry out physician standing orders according to policies, procedures, protocols and applicable regulatory guidelines.
- Provide culturally competent health education and counseling.
- Administer influenza vaccinations at mass immunization clinics.
- Perform nursing assessments at health screening clinics for UMN employees, which include, but is not limited to conducting cholesterol/glucose testing, blood pressure and body composition checks.
- Travel opportunities available to Duluth, Rochester, Crookston and Morris.
- Attend trainings as needed.
- Report and document patient data and information.
- Continually improve systems and processes supporting nursing practice.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Promote a safe, equitable, and respectful environment in which concerns can be addressed effectively.
How to Apply
- Mobility to work in a typical clinic setting and use standard equipment
- Strength and agility to lift up to 25 pounds of force frequently, 50 pounds occasionally
- Standing, walking and/or sitting for long periods of time.
- Some bending, twisting, stooping, and stretching.
- Possible exposure to communicable disease and medical preparations in the clinic setting.
- Ability to demonstrate immune status to rubella and hepatitis B
- Ability to communicate effectively in oral and written forms
- Ability to perform CPR in an emergency situation
- Vision to read printed materials and VDT screens and provide necessary patient care
- Ability to respond to patient needs in emergency situations
Applications must be submitted on the University of Minnesota Careers Page at the following link: https://hr.myu.umn.edu/jobs/ext/336541
. To be considered for this position, please click the Apply button and follow the instructions. You will be given the opportunity to complete an online application for the position and attach a cover letter and resume.
Additional documents may be attached after application by accessing your "My Activities" page and uploading documents there. For questions on how to apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org
or call (612) 624-UOHR (8647).
On-Call Registered Nurse
||Boynton Health | University of Minnesota Twin Cities
|Posting Start Date:
||This listing expires on: 8/17/2020