On-Call Registered Nurses
Boynton Health Services at the University of Minnesota: Still a College Health Leader
Today, Boynton Health is one of the most comprehensive college student health services in the nation. It serves as a model for our health care system because it is responsive to the community, combines medical care and public health, and has a developmental approach to health.
On-Call Registered Nurses Responsibilities:
- Maintain a respectful work environment.
- Make nursing observations and assess patients.
- Deliver nursing care specific to assigned work and responsibilities.
- Carry out physician standing orders according to policies, procedures, protocols and applicable regulatory guidelines.
- Provide culturally competent health education and counseling.
- Administer influenza vaccinations at mass immunization clinics.
- Perform nursing assessments at health screening clinics for UMN employees, which include, but is not limited to conducting cholesterol/glucose testing, blood pressure and body composition checks.
- Travel opportunities available to Duluth, Rochester, Crookston and Morris.
- Attend trainings as needed.
- Report and document patient data and information.
- Continually improve systems and processes supporting nursing practice.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Promote a safe, equitable, and respectful environment in which concerns can be addressed effectively.
- Completion of accredited professional nursing program.
- Licensure by the state of Minnesota to practice professional nursing.
- CPR training and re-certification every two (2) years.
- Demonstrated commitment to promoting a culture that respects and advances diversity and inclusion.
- Experience working with individuals from diverse racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
The University recognizes and values the importance of diversity and inclusion in enriching the employment experience of its employees and in supporting the academic mission. The University is committed to attracting and retaining employees with varying identities and backgrounds. The University of Minnesota provides equal access to and opportunity in its programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, public assistance status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.
To learn more about diversity at the U: http://diversity.umn.edu.
Please apply at: https://hr.myu.umn.edu/jobs/ext/335395
On-Call Registered Nurses
||Boynton Health Services at the University of Minnesota
|Posting Start Date:
||This listing expires on: 3/8/2020