Orientation Onboarding Manager
Care New England
Operating Unit: Women & Infants Hospital
Job ID: 15506
Job Status: Full Time
The Orientation Onboarding Manager collaborates with nursing leadership to plan, design, organize and implement the onboarding and orientation process for nurses and other healthcare professional supported by the Professional Development Department.
This position will support the ongoing orientation process including coordinating onboarding documents and classes, assisting with the evaluation of orientees, and meeting with orientees to support members of the Professional Development team.
The Orientation Manager:
This position will be required to flex their schedule to meet the orientation and education needs of the nursing staff and orientees.
- will develop and support an enhanced learning experience for novice nurses, including presentation of didactic topics, quality measures while encouraging a culture of scientific inquiry and evidence-based practice, leading to the development of a nurse residency program
- aligns with the mission, vision, and values, and strategic goals of the organization
- oversees non-union and union staff
Minimum of 5 and up to 7 Years
Click to apply
- Master’s Degree required, Master's Degree in Nursing (MSN) preferred;
- Bachelors of Science in Nursing with work-in-progress toward MSN degree will be considered.
- Must have and maintain current licensure in the State of Rhode Island.
- A minimum of five years of clinical experience with a minimum of two years current experience in specialty nursing area, to be evaluated by supervisor.
- Must have demonstrated knowledge of Benner's Novice-to-Expert Model.
- Must have and maintain credentials required for clinical area, which may include ACLS, BLS, and NRP.
- (If, NRP is required for clinical area, must obtain instructor status within the first year of employment).
- Certification in specialty area is required or must be achieved within the first year of employment.
- Membership in professional nursing organization required or must be achieved within the first year of employment.
- Excellent human relations, verbal, and written communication skills required.,
- Knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets, and presentation computer software required.
- Teaching experience is highly desirable.
||Care New England
|Posting Start Date:
||This listing expires on: 2/23/2023