Program Manager, Climate & Energy Advocacy
Are you interested in how the environment impacts human health? Want to help make a difference in communities around the country most impacted by environmental exposures? Want to work with fun, passionate, and supportive nurses? If yes, Come work with the Alliance of Nurses for Healthy Environments! We’d love to have you join our team.
The Alliance of Nurses for Healthy Environments’ mission is to promote healthy people and healthy environments by educating and leading the nursing profession, advancing research, incorporating evidence-based practice, and influencing policy. Our vision for the organization and this can be found here. This statement emphasizes that “ANHE’s environmental health work is rooted in scientific evidence and science, the imperative to do no harm, and commitment to diversity, inclusion, collaboration, equity and justice driven by compassion and human caring."
With the urgency to address climate change upon us, ANHE is seeking a motivated and passionate individual to manage the organization's climate and energy advocacy efforts and exponentially build engagement among nurses and nursing organizations.
The Program Manager, Climate & Energy Advocacy, will lead a robust advocacy campaign to engage nurses and nursing organizations in policy and advocacy relating to climate change and clean energy. This position is remote and for one year with the possibility of continuation based on funding.
Below is a shortened job posting, view the full listing here: https://bit.ly/3DjUVuc.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contribute to the overall organizational advocacy strategy to meet outlined campaign goals and engagement metrics
- Responsible for creating and implementing climate and clean energy engagement strategies, including for email, petitions, action alerts, and events with the goal of engaging nurses and nursing organizations in advocacy campaigns
- Cultivate new and existing partnerships with ANHE organizational partners
- Assist in legislative advocacy, including writing, compiling and distributing resources, and meeting with federal policymakers and agencies around priority climate and energy issues
- Manages and assists in advocacy training programs for volunteers, nurses and/or other health professionals
- With the ANHE Director of Programs, prepares and presents reports to funders
- Identifies and pursues outside funding sources in conjunction with the ANHE Director of Programs and Executive Director. Researches grants and participates in grant writing.
- Commitment to the principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion and to promoting healthy environments for all
- Bachelor’s degree plus 3 years relevant work experience in nursing, community organizing, advocacy, public health, or related field
- Experience with working independently in a collaborative team environment
- Strong written and verbal communications skills, including experience with facilitating meetings, events, etc. and/or with training
- Willingness to learn how to use CRM tools (i.e., Salsa, etc.) and website/webstore management tools (Wordpress, etc.)
- Demonstrated awareness and sensitivity to the needs and concerns of individuals from diverse cultures, backgrounds and orientations
- Willingness and ability to embrace ambiguity and encourage experimentation and innovation
- Willingness to show gratitude and encourage mutual appreciation for the ideas and contributions of all
Benefits and Salary:
ANHE is an equal opportunity employer and encourages those from diverse backgrounds to apply. Applicants should submit a resume with a one-page cover letter briefly summarizing their interest in and qualifications for the position to: email@example.com. Please put “Program Manager, Climate & Energy Advocacy” in the subject line.
- Full-time (40 hours per week), 1 year period with possibility of extension
- Salary: $60,000 - 70,000 commensurate with experience
- Robust benefits and vacation package.
- With safety being our top priority, there may eventually be some travel associated with the position
Program Manager, Climate & Energy Advocacy
||Alliance of Nurses for Healthy Environments
|Posting Start Date:
||This listing expires on: 9/24/2021