Faculty Position – Statistician
The School of Nursing at the University of Alabama at Birmingham (UAB) invites applications and nominations for a full time STATISTICIAN faculty position.
- The nature of the work for the faculty statistician includes:
- teaching applied statistics courses in nursing PhD program (mostly with R),
- preparing the quantitative component of the nursing PhD qualifying exam,
- collaborating on grant proposals developing statistical plans,
- providing support to funded projects,
- collaborating on manuscripts and presentations,
- participating in dissertation committees,
- mentoring students and postdocs, and
- providing consulting in quantitative methods to faculty, among others.
A background in applying theoretical or conceptual foundations to analysis plans is highly desirable.
Depending on external funding and faculty statistician interests, the position may have different degrees of emphasis on the teaching, service, and scholarship components of the faculty role, however, teaching at least one or two courses a year will be required.
A tenure track option expects the development of an independent program of research (in any area) or receiving sustained external funding in collaboration with investigators.
Candidates for this faculty position with expertise in statistics are encouraged to apply. Rank, tenure, and salary are competitive and commensurate with professional background and experience. A minimum of a doctoral degree in Applied Statistics, Biostatistics, Epidemiology, Quantitative Psychology or related quantitative field is required. Faculty may elect different degrees of emphasis on the teaching, service and scholarship components of the faculty role.
To view the complete announcement: https://uab.peopleadmin.com/postings/9063