Dean of Nursing
MT. HOOD COMMUNITY COLLEGE
Title Dean of Nursing
Supervisor VP of Instruction
Salary Range L
Employee Group Management
Basic Job Purpose/Function
- Provides divisional leadership to the nursing and nursing assistant programs that supports the vision, mission and strategic goals of the College in a diverse learning environment
- Develops, implements, evaluates, and manages assigned instructional programs, division services, budget, and division employees
- Provides leadership in and promotes culturally relevant and responsive curriculum, programming, educational assessments, strategic planning and budgeting, and other initiatives
- Employs enrollment management and retention strategies
- Fosters collaborative working relationships with internal and external counterparts to communicate and coordinate strategies that support College and instructional goals
- Assess and resolve academic issues; and
- Promote programs and services.
- Provides leadership in curriculum design, instructional delivery, accreditation, and assessment activities in accordance with the MHCC Educational Assessment Plan.
- Employs appropriate enrollment management and retention strategies.
- Directs the quarterly/annual class scheduling and faculty assignments in consultation with faculty members within each assigned discipline, and coordinates schedules with other areas of the College, which may include facilities, equipment, and contracts for internal and external user groups.
- Oversees maintenance of accurate catalog information, degree worksheets, advising materials and division content on the MHCC website.
- Recruits, trains, supervises, schedules, motivates, and evaluates faculty and staff.
- Provides or coordinates staff training; works with employees to correct deficiencies; implements discipline as necessary.
- Manages full-time/part-time/retired faculty and classified workloads for compliance with district policies and collective bargaining agreements.
- Maintains a balance between course innovation, student access, and effective resource management.
- Promptly investigates and resolves problems, complaints, and grievances.
- Promotes course and/or program articulation and transfer by involvement in high schools, universities and local, regional and state initiatives on education improvement.
- Manages and develops division budget(s). Prepares, monitors, controls and ensures spending within the budget allocation.
- Establishes and maintains FTE targets and effectively allocates staff and budget resources.
- Develops cost estimates for future division needs
- Assists in the development of marketing strategies leading to program recognition and growth.
- Directs the preparation of capital equipment requests.
- Supervises expenditures of capital equipment funds within College practices, policies, and procedures.
- Maintains strong communication and collaboration with other Instructional Administrators and the Vice President of Instruction
- Develops processes and systems that enhance instruction.
- Serves as the liaison to other divisions and departments of the College relating to academic programs, physical assets, and facilities.
- Establishes division/department/discipline committees, and in collaboration with faculty, appoints membership to committees.
- Facilitates the preparation of short-and long-term division/department/discipline plans in support of the College goals and objectives.
- Communicates College activities, plans, decisions and events to division faculty, staff, advisory committees and students.
- Ensures performance evaluations are completed in accordance with applicable collective bargaining agreements and/or MHCC policies and administrative regulations for all direct and indirect reports.
- Chair, coordinate and facilitate division tenure committees
- Manage schedules and deliverables
- Provide direction for committee members and tenure candidate
- Maintains current knowledge of MHCC’s collective bargaining agreements and ensures division/department operations comply with these agreements.
- Ensures all applicable Oregon Administrative Rules surrounding nursing education and practice are followed.
- Serves as liaison between MHCC and the Oregon State Board of Nursing.
- Serves as the Nurse Administrator.
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Experience, Computer Skills, etc.)
- Ensures compliance with and effective administration
- Intakes and performs the initial review of Title IX complaints.
- Reviews complaint and determines whether or not information supports the initiation of a full-scale investigation.
- May interview students, faculty, and staff as needed to make determinations on whether cases are escalated.
- Collaborates closely with the Dean of Health Professions.
- Instructs students in a classroom, lab, learning center or other setting as appropriate.
- Serves as a liaison between programs and employers.
- Represents the College at healthcare industry-related events, committees, workgroups, employer events and local workforce investment board convenings.
- Serves as designated program director.
- Supports and ensures program and College accreditation.
- Regularly verifies all nursing staff within the nursing division maintain a current unencumbered nursing license.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Master's degree in nursing
- Documentation of preparation and experience in curriculum and teaching in a nursing program
- Five (5) years of full-time nursing experience, including at least two (2) years in patient care nursing
- Three (3) years in a Nurse Educator or administrative position in a Practical Nurse or Registered Nurse nursing education program
- Current, unencumbered registered nurse license in the State of Oregon OR current unencumbered RN license in another state with the ability to be licensed in the State of Oregon prior to the first day of employment
- Demonstrated experience as an equity-minded leader that uses influence and authority to build diversity, equity, and inclusionary capacity in instructional practice
- Must have a driver's license and access to reliable transportation during work hours.
- Must have at least three (3) years of driving history
- Current CPR certification or ability to obtain prior to the first day of employment
- Must pass a criminal background check and a 10 -panel drug screen
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Two (2) years of progressively responsible postsecondary administrative leadership experience
- Experience and successful track record in nursing or other health careers higher education accreditation procedures, regulatory compliance, articulation processes and program review
- Familiarity with Title IX
- Teaching experience, preferably at a community college
- Ability to mobilize organizational resources toward achieving institutional goals
- Knowledge of and experience working with institutional budgeting processes and forecasting
- Demonstrated ability in holding self and others accountable to organizational values and goals
- Knowledge of culturally responsive teaching
- Knowledge of existing and emerging pedagogies and academic delivery systems
- Ability to establish and maintain collaborative working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to manage and supervise a diverse team of faculty and classified staff within an union environment
- Excellent written verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Advanced-level project management skills
- Work accurately with great attention to detail
- Demonstrated resilience and ability to embrace change in the ever-changing environment of higher education
- Work accurately with great attention to detail
- Knowledge of culturally inclusive/equity-minded management practices/strategies
Work is typically performed in a normal office environment while sitting at a computer terminal. Visual eye strain and repetitive hand/wrist motion for data entry and keyboarding functions. Position will travel locally within the service area.
Click here: https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/mhcc/jobs/3058743/dean-of-nursing
Dean of Nursing
||Mt. Hood Community College
|Posting Start Date:
||This listing expires on: 5/26/2021