Registered Nurse Supervisor
ORGANIZATION: Codman Square Health Center
REPORTS TO: Nursing Director
FT/PT: Full Time
The Nursing Supervisor promotes and restores patients’ health by developing day-to-day management of the patient care area; directing, developing and supervising assigned nurses and medical assistants; collaborating with providers and multidisciplinary professional staff of CSHC to ensure competent, age specific and safe care for all patients through coordination of clinic flow and services. The Nursing Supervisors' duties will be 50% direct care and 50% administrative work to include the coordination of clinical activities, improving workflows, monitoring tasks to ensure completion, coaching nurses and medical assistants facilitating department huddles and managing employee performances and schedules.
- Promotes the mission, vision, and values of the organization;
- Meets nursing operational standards by contributing information to strategic plans and reviews; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; identifying system improvements and assisting in preparation and implementation of the department's and organizations annual goals;
- Promotes positive public relations and acts as a liaison with patients, family members and visitors;
- Achieve nursing financial standards by understanding annual budget information; monitoring expenditures; identifying variances; implementing corrective actions;
- Is responsible for monitoring daily patient flow through clinical units and to other departments; while fostering a positive patient experience;
- Coordinate the daily nursing tasks for the Nurses and Medical assistance to ensure that they adhere to the schedule;
- Acts as a resource tor staff for identifying and solving clinical, administrative and operational problems in a fair consistent manner that ensures adherence to the CSHC policies and procedures;
- Evaluate the performance of the nurses and Medical assistance: Bi-annual joint visit and audits of documentation (5 or more audits per employee annually and completing Medical Assistant Proficiency Skills Check List annually);
- Protects patients and employees by developing and interpreting infection-control policies and protocols; enforcing medication administration and storage procedures, maintains and monitors medication and vaccine par levels and putting safeguards in place to ensure expired meds and supplies are removed and properly disposed;
- Meet monthly visit volume productivity expectations and performance measures, in the event they are not met, develop and implement a corrective action in collaboration with the Nurse Manager or designee;
- Maintain and ensures operation of medical and administrative equipment by verifying emergency equipment availability; completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques in conjunction with the Practice Administrator;
- Assist with the investigation of adverse events, near misses and errors;
- Identifies and communicates staff needs by identifying performance gaps and working with the Nurse Manager or designee to provide resources and tools to enhance staff education development and implementation of performance improvement activities to validate staff competency to work independently;
- Maintains and monitors medication and vaccine par levels;
- Provides support and acts as a resource to clinical staff; offering constructive feedback, give ongoing timely verbal and written feedback related to staff performance and mentoring to ensure positive work environment;
- Process performance evaluations and submits to Nurse Manager or designee for review and sign-off in a timely manner;
- Works collaboratively and in conjunction with the Nurse Manager or designee with selection, hiring and evaluation of clinical staff;
- Assists with Emergency Preparedness. Promotes collaborative, team focused interactions with all CSHC providers and staff;
- Facilitates staff attendance to staff in-services and meeting during their shift.
- Leads daily huddle and ensures information is disseminated to all staff. Attend and participate in all triad meetings;
- Supports, completes and manage all in-basket activities on a daily basis to ensure completion;
- Monitors documentation for adherence to regulatory requirements and CSHC documentation policies and procedures. Responsible for ensuring the completion of all regulatory activities and reporting (Joint Commission Environment of Care Guidelines);
- Works collaboratively with the Medical Director and Practice Administrator to closely monitor department schedules to ensure all providers schedules are 95% filled and meet monthly productivity expectations;
- Provides immediate follow-up, documentation and communication of incidents to Nurse Manager and other appropriate personnel;
- Complete all Quantros, incident reports and any reporting that affects patient care and billing in a timely manner;
- Adhere to written guidelines that outline the process and schedule for turning in time sheets in a timely manner; and,
- Work with your HR Business Partners to draft Corrective Action Plan that identifies performance and behavioral problem.
Nurse Manager or designee will oversee a joint visit with the Nurse Supervisor quarterly and review documentation of visit.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Registered Nurse graduate from an accredited school of nursing;
- Licensed in Massachusetts;
- Minimum of 3 years acute care experience, preferred;
- BSN required;
- Charge Nurse, Team Lead, or Supervisory experience required; and,
- BLS required.
Employee must be able to lift 50 pounds or more
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities;
- Knowledge of nursing services;
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to determine appropriate course of action in more complex situations;
- Ability to work independently and exercise creativity; Must be detail oriented, and maintain a positive attitude;
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities and to prioritize scheduling of work;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of all medical, financial, and legal information; and,
- Ability to handle difficult administrative and clinical situations in a professional manner.
CSHC is an Equal Opportunity Employer; M/F/D/V encouraged to apply*
Job Type: Full-time
While we make necessary changes to emphasize the continued importance of using “Standard Precautions” we ask that all employees follow CDC guidelines to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 and other illnesses.
Registered Nurse Supervisor
||Codman Square Health Center
|Posting Start Date:
||This listing expires on: 3/24/2021