NBNA Day on Capitol Hill 2014
Dear NBNA Membership:
NATIONAL BLACK NURSES ASSOCIATION 26TH ANNUAL NBNA DAY ON CAPITOL HILL, Thursday, February 6, 2014, Renaissance Hotel, Grand Ballroom South, 999 9th Street, NW, Waghington, DC. We regret that we are unable to accommodate any additional attendees!
NBNA is excited that over 300 nurses and nursing students have registered to attend the 26th Annual NBNA Day on Capitol Hill. Please find in the attachment the NBNA Legislative Toolkit that will help you make this a wonderfully smooth and informational experience with your nursing colleagues and Members of Congress.
You will find:
- NBNA 2014 Agenda for the Day
- NBNA 2014 Legislative Agenda
- Sample Appointment Request Letter to send to your Members of Congress, 2 Senators and U.S. Representative. You may Google the 2014 U.S. Congress for their name and telephone number or you may call 202-225-3121 to the U.S. Capitol Operator. Please email your letter if you have not already done so.
- Debriefing Form
- Healthcare Policy Terminology
- Selected Resources
- Golden Rules
- 12 Steps to Making Your Visit Successful
- Area Map of the Renaissance Hotel
- Metro Map
- Store Order Form
Click here to view Agenda for the Day
Click here to view Legislative Agenda
Click here to view Sample Appointment Request Letter
Click here to view Debriefing Form
Click here to view Healthcare Policy Terminology
Click here to view Selected Resources
Click here to view Golden Rule
Click here to view 12 Steps
Click here to view Area Map of the Renaissance Hotel
Click here to view Metro Map
Click here to view Store Order Form
We will be asking the entire membership to send Facebook, Twitter and Instagram messages during the NBNA Day on Capitol Hill and NBNA Day on Friday, February 7. It takes no more than two minutes to get an account on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. NBNA will be sending out messages about the NBNA legislative agenda for you to share and repost. The Instagram messages will go out by your NBNA colleagues who will meet with their Members of Congress.
In honor of heart health and women, please wear red on NBNA Day.
We will have NBNA trinkets for sale.
We look forward to seeing you on Thursday, February 6.
Be warm and travel safely.
Dr. Millicent Gorham, MBA, FAAN
National Black Nurses Association