2013 NBNA SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
NBNA is committed to excellence in education and conducts continuing education programs for nurses and allied health professionals throughout the year. The association provides annual scholarships for students.
Scholarships provide funding for continuing education. This funding enables nurses to grow and better contribute their talents to the health and healthcare of our communities. Please review the Scholarship Application form carefully, remember, to submit ALL required documents with your application.
Scholarships & Certifications
The National Black Nurses Association, Inc. offers various scholarships each year including:
- Dr. Lauranne Sams Scholarship
- NBNA Board of Directors Scholarship
- Margaret Pemberton Scholarship
- Rita E. Miller Scholarship
- Maria Dudley Advanced Scholarship
- Martha R. Dudley Scholarship
- Martha A. Dawson Genesis Scholarship
- Reverend Pauline L. Cole Scholarship
- Sheila Haley Scholarship
- United Health Foundation Scholarship
- Esther Colliflower/VITAS Innovative Hospice Care Scholarship
- Della Raney Nursing Scholarship
- Lynne Edwards Research Scholarship
- Children’s Mercy Hospitals and Clinics Scholarship
These scholarships will range from $500-$2,000
1. Must be a member of NBNA and a member of a local chapter (if one exists in your area).
2. Candidate must be currently enrolled in a nursing program (B.S.N., A.D., Diploma or L.P.N. / L.V.N.) and in good scholastic standing at the time of application.
3. Applicant must have at least one full year of school remaining.
- Official Transcript(s) from an accredited School of Nursing.
- Two (2) page Written Essay (click here for more information).
- Two (2) letters of recommendation (one from applicant's school of nursing and one from the local chapter, or a nurse in the area if a local chapter does not exist). Letters of recommendation and essay must be attached to the application.
- Additional items to accompany the application in support of the candidate's eligibility and desirability may include documented evidence of:
a. participation in student nurse activities and
b. involvement in the African American Community, i.e., letters, news clippings, awards,
Before downloading the Scholarship Application you need to click here to download & install the FREE Adobe Reader if you do not have a PDF reader.
1. 2013 Scholarship Application
2. NBNA Scholarships 2013
3. NBNA Membership Honor Pledge
4. Membership Application and Dues Increase Schedule
5. Scholarship Essay Requirements
6. Scholarship Application Check Off List
NATIONAL BLACK NURSES ASSOCIATION
Scholarship Committee/Estella A. Lazenby
8630 Fenton Street, Suite 330
Silver Spring, MD 20910